Monday, September 14, 2015

Blog Assignment #2

As being part of the cabin design team, I wanted to find ways to improve the interior, as well as the exterior, of the cabin. With a current design and a full scale model currently in the making, I incorporate some of my ideas that needed improvements. Wheelchair accessibility and bike storage are some of my main requirements in my design. Figure 1 shows a sketch of one side of the cabin with 2 out of the 4 seating. My ideas are similar to the VTA lightrail trains. The interior will include folded chairs that will enable a space for a wheelchair or bikes that will be hung from above. I included some ideas to where the HVAC system can be placed. I also added some ideas for the exterior design which includes a redesign of the current window placements. I feel the current design of the windows will not allow the riders to look directly forward and backwards.  Figure 2 shows an example of a parked cabin with a guided rail system. Looking at past teams and designs, they did not fully incorporate the stations. 

Figure 1 Interior Concept Design

Figure 2 Exterior Concept Design in a with guide rail system 

No comments:

Post a Comment